The boss wondered why one of his most valued employees was absent but had not phoned in sick one day. Needing to have an urgent problem withone of the main computers resolved, he dialled the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whisper. ' Hello ? ''Is your daddy home?' he asked.' Yes ,' whispered the small voice. May I talk with him?' The child whispered, ' No ..'Surprised and wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, 'Is your Mummy there?' ' Yes ''May I talk with her?' Again the small voice whispered, ' No ' Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, 'Is anybody else there?' ' Yes , ' whispered the child, ' a policeman .. 'Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, 'May I speak with the policeman?' ' No, he's busy , ' whispered the child.'Busy doing what?'' Talking to Daddy and Mummy and the Fireman , ' came the whispered answer. Growing more worried as he heard a loud noise in the background through the earpiece on the phone, the boss asked, 'What is that noise?'' A helicopter ' answered the whispering voice.'What is going on there?' demanded the boss, now truly apprehensive.Again, whispering, the child answered, ' The search team just landed a helicopter 'Alarmed, concerned and a little frustrated the boss asked, 'What are they searching for?' Still whispering, the young voice replied with a muffled giggle... ' ME ... '
7 comments:
That is cute. That would be something Taylor would do when she is older. She already hides where you cant find her and then doesnt say anything forever until you are ready to call search and rescue. Thanks for the laugh.
that is good!! so funny!
I'm sure you weren't laughing at first...but I was laughing so hard when I read that!! So that's what I have to look forward to... :)
LOL...at first read, thought it was your little one that did that. So good to hear from you, your little family is adorable!! Am glad to be in touch and follow your little family. Who would have thought 10 years ago that we'd all be keeping in touch this way?!! crazy. loves, liz
Hey Rach, sorry I haven't commented in forever. I think I'm finally getting back to somewhat of a normal routine! I will call you soon, it just sucks cuz I'm 7 hours ahead of you. But your boys are still cute as ever! I love that story you posted, I could see Manny doing that someday as well...guess it's paybacks!
Cute blog. Aren't children so funny?
When I'm not pulling my hair out(like I was doing most of today) they are pretty hilarious.
I just realized that this didn't really happen to you! I guess I didn't read the first line very well. I still love the story!
Post a Comment